Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 17 of the Fast

Day 17

Another restless night last night. After lying in bed for an hour and a half, got up and did some more work at the computer for Swami. Yesterday with the realization I wanted to travel with him, I rededicated myself to having everything finished and placing my faith in his Guru it will be done. Ended up getting about four hours of sleep. The amazing part, for the first time in about 2 weeks, I wasn’t really tired at all today. I wasn’t dragging myself at all. Much gratitude to the Swami and Guru. Spirituality can help a fast.

Hunger pangs seemed a bit worse today, however. They don’t last long, but at times do come back quicker. Pretty positive it isn’t true hunger yet, since it hasn’t been nearly as bad as I have heard it was. Tongue is still coated, muscle in my back I strained a while go is still bothering me, neck a bit too, colon is still making itself know to me, but really wasn’t cold today. Still thirsty, but not nearly as thirsty as I have been.

I have thought about food some, but when I focus my mind on the things I need to get done, there are no thoughts of food. Emotionally I was feeling good today.

Dropped a pound, but mostly just water weight. Felt like I should drink late last night, but I really didn’t feel like it. I know that can be bad.

Went to a yoga class tonight, called Maha Sadhana, but only stayed for the first hour plus when we did chanting, purification techniques, and had spiritual discourse. Great to have happen while fasting, because you are “detoxing” the spiritual and physical body with those techniques. Always good to find extra ways to help the fasting process in its detoxing. I will be chanting the purification mantra now as much as I can remember to do too, because it helps heal disease. Exactly what I want help with.

Had some light headed starry moments getting up, not too bad. When I had to hold my arms up for about a minute or so in the class, definitely felt the muscles had no fuel in them. It is all good though, they will come back stronger with a healthy diet.

Activities: ~40 minutes pranayamas, + extra pranayamas, an hour of meditation, and a guided meditation.

Weight: 138

No comments:

Post a Comment