Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 16 of the Fast

Day 16

I realized something today. I think I would like to travel with Swami on his tour of the Midwest and West coast this year. It will be starting on April 14th and if this fast goes to completion by 30 days, it will end on March 19th. Giving me about 2 and a half weeks to observe how my body has healed and get it back on solid food again. And hope it would be able to handle tour food. Not the healthiest in the world, but also not that bad.

But… I believe this will heal me. So I don’t need to think about that. I will have a normal functioning GI tract and being on tour will be easy. No long bathroom stops, no need for a bunch of stops per day, what goes in me will come out of me easily and quickly. The only thing I will have to watch is weight gain and the “normal” ick feeling someone might get after eating poorly and stuffing him or herself. I will be able to indulge at an Indian buffet and be fine the next day to continue travel with no issues (Actually it would be better to say, when staying at an Indian family home, I could let them lovingly stuff me without any problems the next day. They love doing that because food/giving is love).

That is the intention I’m setting and so it shall be.

Wow though… website needs a lot of work and there is still a ton of cities I need to have set up. I got a lot to do while fasting to be able to go!

Anyway, no weight loss. Another poor night of sleep, with lots of dreams, but I don’t remember any being about food. Tongue is still coated, but not totally, I was cold today, and dragging myself for the first part of the day from feeling tired and drained. Although it seems once I throw myself in to working on setting up Swami’s tour (and website), I feel less tired and fuller of energy.

Still some gas, not as much today I think. Colon has still been rumbling, feeling a bit bloated, and not the happiest. Didn’t try to pass anything though, giving it a break from trying. Hopefully it will let me when it really needs too. Been getting some general body aches and pain. Wrists have been feeling decent, neck and knees still trouble me. Also still thinking about food a lot. Not really craving, just a more desire to be done fasting and getting back in to the swing of eating.

I don’t think I’ve been as thirsty today, still thirsty, just not as much. Emotionally, I got a little grumpy for a bit but it passed. Have been seeing stars at times when getting up, not all the time, and I think only once or twice did I see nothing but stars. And I think that’s it.

Activities: ~40 minutes pranayamas, an hour of meditation, and a guided meditation.

Weight: 139

No comments:

Post a Comment