Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 8 of the Fast

Day 8

A day of blessings.

My hamstring was making it known today it wants to be taken care of gingerly. I came to the conclusion it was injured to tell me to stop doing activities that work the body a lot. Okay, medium too. So it was a blessing, I want this fast to heal this body, and going too hard will hinder that.

To further the point, believe I strained something in my back, and the lower back has been problematic. Positive the pain isn't coming from the kidneys, because moving helps the pain. It is only in certain positions.

The next blessing I realized, pretty much every day I have either; been around food, smelled food cooking, or seen people eating. Not exactly ideal if you are fasting, right? But one of my goals for this fast was to break my mind’s attachment to food. So far I can’t say that has happened, more so the monkey mind just gets annoyed and throws things, but hopefully it will break.

Another one, today I was planning on visiting some friends. They didn’t want me to because they felt the driving was too bad because of the snow storm predicted today. I’m a very experienced snow driver, and it really wasn’t that bad out, but I honored their wishes. Boo, right? Nope, got some more Swami tour work done that produced results and did some EFT to clear some negative beliefs. Been meaning to do some clearing, but was always remembering while in the middle of something else.

Anyway, didn’t loss any weight. I woke up thinking I was chewing bubble gum, had the taste in my mouth. I haven’t had any bubble gum in years. I was a little cold today, but not as bad as other days. I have been really thirsty again.

My colon has been cramping today. Feels like there might be stuff I need to pass, but nada. Still a little gassy too.

Hunger pangs have continued. Please go away? But all the food exposure must not be helping. It definitely isn’t helping the food, they aren’t exactly cravings, sometimes… but it is usually more just thinking about food. At times I have really been thinking I’d like to stop and just eat!! Also, have been watching a little TV, ugh… not good on a fast because it exposes you to more food too. When I see people just piggy out, it really makes me wish I had a perfectly healthy body and could eat whatever I wanted without consequences. Wouldn’t that be heaven? I still have an attachment to food. I WANT FOOD!

Was experiencing a bunch of boredom today, but that could be explained by having wanted to get out of the house and having put in a lot of working on Swami’s Tour. Still got the white tongue, might be a bit less today. Not entirely sure.

Finished the day with a soak in the tub with epsom salt and lavender.

Activities: ~40 minutes pranayamas, guided meditation, and 1 hour meditation.

Weight: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment