Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 6 of the Fast

Day 6

I’ve read about someone else’s account on water fasting, and for him the fast slowed time down and there was a lot of boredom. My non-water fast felt the same way, boredom wise. This fast, really haven’t seen any of that. Actually, it feels like time is going faster. There are things I plan to get done, and it just seems like I run out of time. I do have poor time management, I have to admit, but still it is really odd. It’s like, gaw.. it’s this time now?! Also helps the boredom that I have been out of the house and doing something almost every day. Can’t be bored, when out!

Last night, still got to bed later than I wanted, but earlier than I had the past two nights. Took me about 2 hours to fall asleep. Got up, umm.. I think it was around noon? Don’t entirely remember. Wanted to be up sooner, but think I got about 7 hours of sleep. It can be hard for me to get up in the mornings (relatively speaking), if I don’t have somewhere to go. On the fast, that seems to be worse, but that does make sense.

I was feeling cold again today. Not freezing, but definitely cold. My weight was 147 again, so no pounds lost. I was feeling some more weakness/tiredness today than the past three days. Started during my shower and continued for a while. Took an advance yoga class, and I was really feeling it. Winding much quicker, in some poses I normally don’t get winded in. At one point during one I was starting to feel all tingly. Slight bit of stars too. Quite the new experience. Also felt some nausea during class. Afterward, wow.. felt real tired. Chest wasn’t feeling well either (this happened during too), but I believe that was due to my heart chakra and lungs a little. The heart itself, I believe is fine, besides my pulse seeming to be a little faster than usual.

Still thinking about food. Was thinking about french fries dipped in ketchup while trying to sleep. I would love some Indian food! Heck.. give me some plain rise. I could go on and on. Need to try and keep the mind focused off food. Potato chips!!!!

I would say everything is going well, and while I was thinking the advanced yoga class might use up my fuel reserves, my body is now indicating it can go longer. Definitely won’t complain about that. Not having to spend time cooking/eating is actually quite nice. Saves money too.

Edit: Forgot to mention, wrist, knees, and neck still feeling some pain. My hamstrings, while I didn't overstretch them seemed to be a bit upset about taking class. Also been forgetting to mention, so have a white coating on my tongue, which is supposed to be detoxing, no idea if I also have bad breath from it.

Activities: ~40 minutes pranayamas, the Five Tibetan Rites, guided meditation, and advanced yoga class.

Didn’t get the meditation in, like I wanted, but I plan to get to bed sooner tonight to read. Besides, the advance class took a lot out of me and yoga can be seen as a form of meditation.

Weight: 147

No comments:

Post a Comment