Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 5 of the Fast

Day 5

I noticed something amazing today. I had surgery on my left elbow in 97, I believe. Left this big lump of scar tissue on my lower forearm. Today the lump is a lot smaller now. Seems my body is using it as fuel. As I read while water fasting, the body goes to using fat and unneeded tissue to sustain itself.

Today I weighed in at 147 pounds. Down 3, but I felt kind of thirsty before going to bed. I don't like drinking before bed, since it means having to get up to urinate during the night. So.. maybe a tad dehydrated. Weight went up after drinking some water. But I stick with the morning weight, to try and keep the measures at the same time.

I didn’t really remember feeling tired today. Maybe a little bit, maybe some weakness, but really well in that area. I did get to bed a bit too late again, slept longer and better. Still woke up some, but that can be “normal” for me too. Might have gotten 8 hours of sleep total.

Was feeling cold today. Not too bad, but definitely was trying to keep myself bundled up. No real moments of feeling hot. Emotionally, pretty darn good too. Still thinking about food at times. Some hunger pangs too.

Actually had a good amount of stool pass around 6 pm. That surprised me. Can’t image it is from when I last ate, so hopefully it is the body de-toxing and cleaning out. Was feeling a bit like I was having a healing crisis too, colon was feeling a bit crampy and unhappy at times. Also a bit gassy, some burping, and.. other.

Did some conscious movement with the wonderful Ali. Some yoga, the Five Tibetan Rites, dancing, meditation, and pranayamas. I was feeling a little “drained” when I got there, but once we started moving I was fine. Didn’t feel a lack of energy at all. Was a great time. Although there was food being cooked in the kitchen and it smelled so good. Every inhale I was getting it, and it was making the monkey mind really rattle its cage. But I didn’t let the effect my great time.

My wrists and neck, still bothering me a bit. Knees too, they are still the worst out of the three.

Activities: ~25 minutes meditation, ~40 minutes pranayamas, the Five Tibetan Rites, guided meditation, the conscious movement (Some yoga, the Five Tibetan Rites, dancing, meditation, and pranayamas which aren’t included in the above), and another guided meditation followed by ~25 minutes of meditation.

Weight: 147

No comments:

Post a Comment