Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 7 of the Fast

Day 7

Interesting day. The first 6 days of the fast I only drank a little more than 2 gallons of water, today I went through almost a gallon. Was really thirsty most of the day. They say on a water fast to only drink when thirsty. Didn’t seem like I had as much fluid coming out as I had coming in either, which is the opposite of some days. Also dropped two pounds to 145 today.

Can pretty much “blame” the advanced yoga class on that one, and I don’t know if I’ll be doing that or anymore classes while on this fast. My right hamstring definitely feels like it was strained a little. It was worse earlier in the day, so hopefully not too badly. I was sore too, but in a more painfully bad than good way. Something to monitor and see if the body feels up for another class at some point, but I don’t want to increase the weight loss either.

Got to bed at an earlier time which I liked. Read for about an hour and got to sleep fairly well, woke up after about an hour, then believe I slept with no waking till 8:30 am and decided to get up then. Body temp was 95.5, yikes! But it went up as the day went on.

Hunger pangs seemed a little stronger today, but still tolerable, still got the white coat on my tongue, and still some gassiness. Showering got me tired again, and I’ve noticed my calves seem to hurt/cramp while showering. Very odd.

Emotionally I was fine today, universe was trying to stress me, but I didn’t let it get to me... too much. Still craving and thinking about food. Today’s item that got the most thought was avocado and potato all mashed up together with some spices, no salt. No idea how it would work, but right now it sounds like heaven. Think it would be really healthy too.

Today I thought I’d be able to get a lot of stuff done, did… but not all the things I had hoped too. Stuff kept coming up that needed attention, had an errand I had to run take a lot more time than expected. Wasn’t trying to judge it, but still… c’mon universe! A bunch of that ate in to time I would have spent working on Swami’s tour.

I think that’s about it. Today felt a bit bumper, but made it through it and still going strong.

Activities: ~40 minutes pranayamas, guided meditation.

Said today had a lot of other stuff come up!

Weight: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment