Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 3 of the Fast

Day 3

First thing I do is a weigh myself in the morning, after having urinated. My weight was at 151 pounds, meaning I lost 8 pounds in 2 days. This would have concerned me, but I realized I have had too much salt in my diet, and judging by how much I had urinated during the night, compared to water intake, I had been letting go of a lot of water I had been holding in. No salt, so it left.

Was feeling a little tired/weak after I got up, when I took a shower, hit a bit harder and I decided to sit/kneel down and just enjoy the water on me. Didn’t do this long, since I didn’t want to waste water. I also didn’t need to do this, just felt like it.

After the shower, I was feeling better. As the day went on I got fuller of energy. Definite change from the day before. Right now it is 2:35 am as I type this, and not tired. Will try to sleep by 3 am even if I’m not tired. I did have some food thinking and desiring. Also had some hunger pangs. A bit after I got up it was a mixture of hunger pangs and nausea. That fortunately went away, and the hunger pangs weren’t as bad as the day before. No restless feeling legs either. I did seem a bit gassy though, burping a lot.

I also wasn't feeling too much of a temperature change. Did feel hot at some points, but not really cold.

Went to a dance jam, wasn’t a ton of dancing, but it was fun and didn’t feel like it drained me at all.

Emotionally, I was feeling surprisingly good, felt some releasing happen, but it happened in a good feeling way. Also got some stuff out at the dance jam.

Neck and wrist only bothered me as much as they normally do, while knees were still feeling a bit worse.

I ended the day with a soak in the tub with epson salt and lavender, peppermint, and spearmint oils, followed by abhyangha (oil application) with sesame oil.

Activities: ~40 minutes of pranayamas, 1 hour mediation, some guided meditations, and the dance jam.

Weight: 151

No comments:

Post a Comment