Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Why I am fasting on water.

I recently did a non-water fast, and a couple of weeks after it, I felt guided to do a complete water fast. The idea at first was to could break my attachment to food. It was not a healthy one. After researching it, I found it can have some amazing health benefits too. Giving the body/GI tract a rest to focus all of its energy on healing.

I do have some health issues, especially with my GI tract. So this seemed like the perfect thing for me to do.

With all that, I decided that it would be best, and I figure creating a journal of the experience will help give some insight to others who are also interested in fasting on just water.

Edit:

Forgot to mention, during the fast I am practicing celibacy. Releasing those types of bodily fluids takes energy away from the body, plus vitamins, minerals, etc. When I'm driving, no radio. Also can drain energy. I have been watching a little TV, which can drain too.. but ya know.. I'm restricting a lot! I've been watching a lot less than I use to though.

To prepare for the fast, I ate fairly healthy before hand, including foods like cabbage that move through you easily, and for the 2-3 weeks before hand, I was taking psyllium to help me cleanse. Good to try and cleanse yourself before water fasting. Supposed to make it easier. Then the night before I started, drank 3/4ths of a bottle of prune juice. That was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment