Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 2 of the Fast

Day 2

This day was more fun. Was feeling really hot, while my feet felt cold. This happened with other parts of my body, some feeling hot, others cold. There were some just cold moments too. Most of the day I was feeling tired and weak, like I could have gone to bed or taken a nap. Also felt like I was having restless legs, like they wanted to be moving.

Hunger pangs were definitely annoying this day. Was also thinking about and desiring food more. Felt real close to breaking the fast a couple of times. Emotionally, I was having this hate come up. Hate at how my body is unhealthy, and how I have for a long time had to worry about what I ate and had a lot of restrictions on what I could eat. In the regard that, if I have plans or a busy day the next day, eating a lot (or normal) could really infer with them. It really sucks! The feeling was I just wanted to be healthy and able to eat like a “normal” person, with no worries about how poorly the food passes out me.

My wrists, neck, and knees were hurting more than usual this day. I’ll call it just detoxing/healing and so it shall be.

I did use an enema in the evening, because it felt like it was needed. The GI problems do make clearing out not always easy, and it did is job. So glad I listened. Although when/if I do a water fast again, I think getting a colonic the second day would be better.

When I went to bed around 10 pm, I wasn’t feeling nearly as tired. Got about 3 hours of sleep, then found myself wide awake at 2 am. Got up and went back to bed at 4:30 am, got about 5 to 6 hours of sleep and eventually was up at noon. Lots of waking up and going back to sleep.

Activities: ~40 minutes of pranayamas, the Five Tibetan Rites, and some guided meditations.

I had also wanted to do an hour of meditation, but felt too tired during the day. Let my mind win in not doing it later in the night.

Weight: 156

No comments:

Post a Comment