Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 20 of the Fast

Day 20

I’m quite glad I underwent this experience. My first impulse in doing it was to break an unhealthy attachment to food, and while I don’t know if that was accomplished, I actually discovered what the unhealthy attachment was. My ego used food to hurt me and my body. There were times where I felt I couldn’t control myself in what I was eating, now I know where that came from, and I can put a stop to it.

As for healing, I know and believe my GI tract system is healthier now. I just won’t be seeing those results quite yet. Nothing to worry or care about, those will come and I will be wonderful grateful at my new found health. Or should I say, rediscovery at a return of the great health I use to be in.

So, went about half the day with water. Lost another pound, but I peed a lot this morning before weighing myself. Still some rumbling and cramping in the intestines. Tongue was still coated, so got detoxing to do while juicing. Still body pain in the sides and lower back. Kind of cold today. Emotionally I was feeling good and excited to change to a juice fast.

Had a wonderful energy psychology session (or EFT) today, everything that was in my way of keeping me from being healthy by the end of the month is gone now. Still up to me and my actions and thoughts, to get their though. But I will be traveling with Swami and I will be healthy.

Think that’s about it, I’ll continue the juicing part of this day in a juicing blog.

Activities: ~40 minutes pranayamas, an hour of meditation, and guided.

Weight: 136

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging your fast. Hope all is going well with your post fasting. I am on day 3 of my water fast, and read a lot when I need to get the mind off things like, the thought of eating. So it is nice to find someone that has shared their own experience... Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your 20 day water fast adventure!

    I just attempted another water fast (1st time in late 2009 - when a caffeine headache stopped me - have eliminated caffeine since then), and stopped just after 50 hours/2 full days. My goal was 1-2 weeks.

    Was dreaming/thinking of food and hunger pangs / stomach acid.

    Need to eliminate more food cravings in my subconscious before I try again. I don't want to use willpower or suffer stress. Already have a way to get rid of any food craving.

    Maybe in a few months I try again. More cravings to delete. Tortoise and the hare...better to go slower...must become closer to fruitarian before I try again.

    Check out on Youtube or Dailymotion, a documentary - The Boy with Divine Powers.

    Also Water - The Great Mystery.

    Enjoy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beginning my water fast today hoping to go 11 days. I like your blog and was glad to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such great info, and I'm so glad people are taking time to write about their own fasting experiences. I'm undertaking a fast myself right now, which will start as a juice fast and ramp up to a water fast, then ramp back out. My fast is more spiritual in nature. If you'd like to follow my journey, check out my blog!

    http://purefasting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great information on fasting. I have not done a water fast as of yet, but would love to try it. I have done a 7 day juice fast and a 30 day raw food cleanse. I know 2 people that have done the 40 day water fast. Don Tolman and Tyler Tolman have both done this. I have more information on Don and Tyler on my website;
    www.eatwelllookfantastic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read alot about the benefits of fasting on this blog. I don't know if I will have the will power to not eat though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the awesome resource! Couldn't please contact you somehow could I? Keen to have a mentor for this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across this water fasting based diet system. I hope it helps. You can thank me later šŸ˜‰

    http://h2odiet.siterubix.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across this water fasting based diet system. I hope it helps. You can thank me later šŸ˜‰

    http://h2odiet.siterubix.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I've come across your blog recently and am currently starting a fast myself. I just started day one. I'm wondering how you started refeeding? Please let me know. I'm planning to go 6 days then have a meal then 6 days again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Find out more about the market a bit to figure out the typical price that most water flossers with your desired features are offered at. More information on Julia – flosseroo.com on www.flosseroo.com.

    ReplyDelete